John Legere won't become WeWork's next CEO: Report
17-November-2019
Co-sharing workspace company WeWork was reportedly in talks with T-Mobile's CEO John Legere after the ouster of co-founder Adam Neumann but Legere has no plans to leave his current company, media reports said.
Earlier this week, the T-Mobile CEO's name popped up as a possibility to take over the top spot at WeWork.
However, subsequent rumours said that he was just one of the potential replacements, while reports now said that Legere isn't taking the job and has "no plans" to leave T-Mobile, Engadget reported on Saturday quoting CNBC.
Japan-based SoftBank is the controlling shareholder of Sprint, which is in the process of merging with T-Mobile, and is the majority owner of WeWork. Softbank infused $5 billion last month in new financing into the struggling WeWork.
In a statement, Softbank said it would provide up to $3 billion for the existing shareholders of WeWork. The deal will see Softbank stake increasing to 80 per cent in the company.IANS
Pastor Bajinder Singh Sentenced to Life in 2018 Rape Case
Sunita Williams Recalls Stunning Views of India From Space
Indian TT Legend Sharath Kamal Retires After Decorated Two-Decade Career
IB Officer Who Died By Suicide In Kerala Was In Relationship With Colleague, Says Father
Karti Chidambaram Meets PM Modi, Proposes National Task Force To Tackle Stray Dog Issue